What a difference a week makes
I was away for the week and on arriving back I was surprised at all the changes.
- The foxgloves by the side of the house were just rosettes last year but this year they all are growing flower stalks. Before I went away I thought this was going to be yellow or cream, but turns out it is completely white with a small amount of darker markings inside.
- Geranium 'Versicolour'
- A couple of flowers opened on this new geranium. It is not quite what I was expecting, thought it would be paler with more distinct markings.
- The orchids are almost fully out. I will do a separate post on them later.
- Osteospermum 'Lady Leitrim'
- This is one of the new plants, it had buds when it arrived but it opened out today. It seems it only opens when sunny or warm enough.
- This is my favourite Geranium, shame it only has one flush of flowers. I don't know for certain what it is, but I am guessing it is Geranium × magnificum
- Veronica austriaca 'Venice blue'
- This is quite a short plant and it is being smothered by the Sidalcea. Was only in bud when I went away.
- Gernaium 'Hocus pocus'
- This was a new geranium, bought mainly for its leaves. There was a mass of flowers when I got back.
- This lupin had a bud before I left, but it was slender and not that tall. Suddenly it turned into this massive flower spike.
- Primula vialii
- Buds have suddenly appeared, there are about 4, with two being visible here. They start out bright red.